Pastor Doug's theological musings

A place for me to write about different things I'm thinking about.

Name:
Location: Daleville, Virginia, United States

I recently began as the pastor at the Daleville CoB in Daleville, VA.

Monday, October 23, 2006

General Board Trip

This weekend, I got to go to the board meeting of the Church of the Brethren General Board. This was an interesting experience, as it gave me a glimpse into the workings at the denominational level. While the General Board is not the only denominational organization within the CoB, it is one of the if not the largest organizations. It is responsible for most of the ministry that is conducted on a denominational level.

One of the things that I appreciated about the trip was the opportunity to meet with people who are higher up in the denomination. Our group got to meet with the district executives that were at the board meeting. Our meeting with the district executives gave me some good insight into the placement process within the CoB, which I think will likely be very helpful after I graduate from Bethany.

I also got the chance to meet up with a couple of friends from Camp Bethel who are now in Elgin. One of them is doing a BVS placement as a workcamp coordinator at the General Board. The other two are originally from Elgin, who went down and worked at Camp Bethel. I ended up going to a local microbrewery for a couple of beers with one of these friends. We had a good time, and got to catch up a bit.

Overall, the trip was really fun. At times, I was bored during the meetings, but such occurrences were few and far between. I think that this was a very informative trip, and one that has the potential to be very helpful as I move forward in ministry within the CoB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home