Pastor Doug's theological musings

A place for me to write about different things I'm thinking about.

Name:
Location: Daleville, Virginia, United States

I recently began as the pastor at the Daleville CoB in Daleville, VA.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Weekend

This past weekend was pretty fun. I got to go down to Virginia to lead a high ropes group at Camp Bethel. Because of this, I also got to go down to the Bridgewater game on Saturday, which was a bit of a disappointment because we lost, but it was still fun. I got to have some really good BBQ chicken at the tailgate.
This Sunday was my birthday, which was pretty good. I got to play on the high ropes course for a bit, going over what we would be doing on Monday. I also got to get together with some old friends of my parents who gave me a pretty significant donation towards my trip to Kenya in January. So my birthday dinner was spent talking with them, which was pretty interesting.
The ropes group on Monday went pretty well, everybody at least tried and got up on the course a little bit, which is always an accomplishment. Nobody got hurt, either, which is also a really good thing.
Then I went up to see my sister and her husband yesterday evening. My sister was sick, so she spent most of the evening on the couch watching TV. Still, it was nice to get to see her and my brother-in-law.
The only bad part of the trip was today on the drive back. I got my first traffic ticket today for failure to stop at a stop sign, which I did do. It's just irritating because there was nobody coming, so I really didn't see the point of stopping. But, I guess I was due one eventually, I hadn't gotten one ever in the 9 or so years that I've been driving, and with the amount of driving I do, its surprising that I haven't gotten one before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home