Pastor Doug's theological musings

A place for me to write about different things I'm thinking about.

Name:
Location: Daleville, Virginia, United States

I recently began as the pastor at the Daleville CoB in Daleville, VA.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ministry Formation

For my ministry formation placement this year, I'm working for the Campus Ministries office at Earlham College. It's been really interesting so far, even though it was a struggle at first to find things to work on. But as things have gotten rolling, its been really fun.

I've been getting involved with several different student religious groups on campus. This has been interesting, giving me a chance to meet and interact with different students. One of the big things I've been working on is running a weekly Bible study. These activities have been both helpful and at times frustrating. Yet overall, my placement seems to be going well.

I'm also starting to work on planning a Thanksgiving service for next month. I asked my supervisor whether there was usually a Thanksgiving service, and the idea seemed completely foreign to her. So I get to plan and lead a Thanksgiving service next month. It's the first worship service that I've ever planned for an entire college campus. My biggest concern is whether or not anybody actually shows up for the service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home