Pastor Doug's theological musings

A place for me to write about different things I'm thinking about.

Name:
Location: Daleville, Virginia, United States

I recently began as the pastor at the Daleville CoB in Daleville, VA.

Thursday, November 03, 2011

“The Naked Anabaptist: Wrap-Up”

As I look back over the blog posts in this series, and to the book itself, it is clear that “The Naked Anabaptist” offers some intriguing insights and reflections on Anabaptism. It has been helpful in shedding light on the basic beliefs of Anabaptism, and would certainly be a good primer for anyone who is interested in Anabaptism.
The seven core convictions that Murray discusses in his book can all be found, in some way, in the life of our congregation. It is clear that Anabaptism has been an important part of the faith formation within this congregation, and will continue to be so as we move forward. For me, reflecting on how I have seen these seven core convictions in the congregation’s life together has been a helpful way to really think about where our congregation is at this point. I hope that these brief reflections have provided an opportunity for those reading about them to think more deeply about what it means to be an Anabaptist. As I continue in my work here, it is my hope that we will be able to continue to explore the ways that we live out our Anabaptist heritage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home